THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Personal Injury Attorney
Click here to view our videos
Jeff Sampson Jeff Sampson

Can I Recover Financial Compensation if I Was Partially at Fault?

It is not easy in every personal injury case to establish fault. In many cases, one party is not completely at fault for the accident and ensuing damages. Fortunately, this doesn’t disqualify an injured party from possibly taking legal action and filing a civil lawsuit to recover financial compensation. In the state of Kentucky, which employs a comparative negligence system, injured victims can still take legal action even if they were partially to blame for the accident.

Suffering a serious injury in a car wreck or other accident can be very devastating to your life. Luckily, you don’t have to go through this time alone. If you or someone you know has been injured in an accident and you were also partially at fault, contact a Louisville personal injury lawyer of the Sampson Law Firm today at 502-584-5050 to discuss whether you can file a claim.

Comparative Negligence

Comparative negligence laws differ from state to state. The state of Kentucky follows the pure comparative negligence system in which a judge will examine the case and then assign a percentage of blame to each party. In these types of cases, the injured person will be able to claim financial compensation equivalent to the percentage which they were not to blame for the accident.

For example, if one party was found to be 70 percent at fault for the accident and suffered $1,000 in damages, the other party would have to pay 30 percent of the damages, or $300.

Contact Us

Don’t get discouraged simply because you think you were partially at fault. You may still have options for recovering compensation. For more information, contact a Louisville personal injury attorney of the Sampson Law Firm at 502-584-5050 today.

Video Center

Sampson Law Firm


Louisville, KY 40202

Phone: (502) 584-5050
Toll-Free: (877) SAMPSON

Email Us | Directions

home  |  firm overview  |  practice areas  |  testimonials  |  results  |  articles  |  faqs  |  contact  |  sitemap  |  blog  |  Log in

This is an advertisement. Founded in 1998, Sampson Law Firm is a small law firm devoted to protecting the rights of individuals-and never insurance companies-in personal injury cases. We represent clients statewide in cases involving nursing home neglect, car accidents, truck accidents, product liability, premises liability and workers' compensation.
450 South Third Street  |  Louisville, Kentucky  |  40202  |  Phone: 502-584-5050  |  Toll-Free: 877-SAMPSON | Jeffrey Sampson + | Find Us On Google+

© 2017 Sampson Law Firm. All rights reserved.

SEO for lawyers